|Traffic Building Information|
15 Link Exchange Tips
Establishing inbound links through reciprocal link exchanges is a very effective promotional and advertising tool. If done correctly, building inbound links can improve your rankings in the search engines by raising your link popularity, increasing your website traffic, and providing a valuable resource for your website customers and visitors. Here are 15 link exchange tips to get you started:
1. Exchange links with websites that will bring you targeted traffic. Targeted traffic means visitors and/or customers that will be interested in your products or services.
2. Keep your link title brief and free of long sentences.
3. Try to keep your link description brief (aim for 200 characters or less).
4. Do not capitalize all letters in your link title or description.
5. Do not give the webmaster a deadline on when they should reciprocate. Webmasters are very busy people and it may take from 1 to 60 days or more. Be patient and in the long run you will receive more quality link partners!
6. Never remove a link partner from your site once they have agreed to exchange links with you and placed your link on their site.
7. Do not request link exchanges from sites that are unrelated to your website. For example, if you have a candle website, don't exchange links with a pharmaceutical website. This will not benefit your customers or visitors and the search engines may penalize your website for this.
8. Let the webmaster know that you have indeed visited their site and explain to them why a reciprocal link exchange with your website would be beneficial.
9. Be sure that your link pages are search engine friendly. Link pages are easier indexed if they have no more than 25 links per page.
10. Complete your website before requesting reciprocal link exchanges. Most webmasters will not link to a site where most of the pages are "under construction".
11. Do not give misleading information in your link exchange request. Most webmasters are not going to believe it and your request will most likely be ignored. For example, don't claim that your site receives 100,000 unique visitors a day unless your site really receives that many.
12. It is best to categorize your link partners. For example, you might want to have a home and garden page, a home improvement page, a candles page, etc. This is a much better way or organizing your links for both your visitors and your link partners. If you just have one huge page of links in no order, most webmasters will not approve your link exchange request.
13. Make sure your links page is linked and visible from your home page.
14. If your site is family friendly, do not add link partners that offer services or products that are not family friendly.
15. Be aware of free-for-all link programs and link farms. These are sites that basically offer nothing but unrelated links and end up collecting and sharing your email address, which results in a lot of unwanted SPAM in your inbox.
The above tips are only a few suggestions on how to build a successful linking campaign. Most importantly, be patient and take your time to find quality link partners that will add a valuable resource and bring targeted traffic to your website.
Lesley Dietschy is a freelance writer and the creator/editor of The Home Decor Exchange and the Home & Garden Exchange. The Home Decor Exchange is a popular home and garden website featuring resources, articles, decorating pictures, free projects, a shopping marketplace, and more. The Home & Garden Exchange is a unique link exchange directory dedicated to home and garden websites. Please visit both websites for all of your home, garden, and website needs.
Unable to open RSS Feed $XMLfilename with error HTTP ERROR: 429, exiting
Linking Your Website To Others Around The World
Finding quality traffic though effective website promotions is the number one area all website owners deal with on a daily basis. There are many advantages to linking your website to others around the world.
The Power of Link Popularity
Getting quality links to your site from related web resources can be very difficult. It is a time consuming process and requires careful research.
Using Traffic Exchange Programs Part 1
I have an ingenious concept in store for you!I am sure that you have heard of Traffic Exchange programs such as Traffic Swarm, No More Hits and Hit Pulse. If you do not what they are just yet, quite simply, Traffic Exchange programs allow you to surf for credits in exchange for traffic to your web pages.
Using Free Publicity to Build Your Web Site Links and Traffic
So, you have a great product or service, yet your web site is not getting the high rankings and traffic you desire from the top search engines like Google and MSN Search.You're not alone.
How to Drive a Stampede of Laser Targeted Traffic Using Postcards
How would you like to make $4 for EVERY visitor who hits your site? How about $8? Would you be interested?This kind of money sounds insane doesn't it, especially when you consider that most websites are lucky if they can make a $1 out of a visitor. And the chances are that you would label me a liar and a scam artist for even making such an outrageous claim.
Power Packed Linking Strategies - Part One
This is the first in a series of three articles showing you how to find a suitable linking strategy for your website and put it to work for you.If you've been sitting and wondering why the traffic to your website is trickling in to your website ever so slowly then this article is intended to help you add some much needed oomph to your marketing campaign by using a linking strategy.
Increase Your Tourism Web Traffic & Sales - Guaranteed
Web sites are a major part of the tourism marketing success strategy used by international tourism promoters in the new millennium: tourism boards, Associations, lodging, tour operators, etc. If your tourism web site does not have these four primary elements clearly and quickly represented, you are missing opportunities and losing sales.
13 Steps to Increasing Your Link Luck
Link development can be an absolute nightmare. It takes up most of a marketerā??s time and the yield isnā??t always what we originally hoped.
Targeted Traffic for Your Website - 3 Guaranteed Ways to Create Lift-Off
Targeting traffic for your website is as easy as knowing how to simply direct traffic to your website rather than another one. The information web surfers are looking for is usually available on hundreds if not thousands of websites, so you have to make sure you are extremely diligent about keeping your website high in the search engine rankings.
John Reeses Top Traffic Secrets!
Track all sources of traffic generation.John Reese stresses the need to track where all traffic comes from and at what cost.
What A Tangled Web We Weave
The world wide web or www is a wonderful, inspiring, endless, fantastic place. They do call it a web for a reason - there are hundreds of thousands of websites all linked together out there.
10 Ways to Increase Traffic to Your Website
Ever since the time websites became new to the World Wide Web, webmasters have been trying to direct traffic to their websites. As this was no easy task, webmasters found a way; a way that cost them money.
5 Power Tips To Double Your Online Sales
"How Can I Double My Sales?" - that must be thesilent prayer of thousands of webmasters.There are two ways to do it: you can either doubleyour traffic or you can double your conversion rate.
Linking for Traffic: The Shift from Link Directories to Hyper-Targeted Linking
There's a stiff wind blowing in a new direction on the web. And you'd benefit from taking the time to notice the direction its headed.
The Old But Reliable Ways of Attracting Free Online Traffics
Every home business owner should know that your WEBSITE TRAFFICS will determine the life span of your work at home online business. As suggested by many motivation expert, your best bet to be successful in ANYTHING you do will be to study and learn from those WHO are already successful.
Rethinking Linking - Link Exchange Back to Basics
In the old days of the internet, links were the primary communication path between web sites. Search engines were not as sophisticated as today, and search results rather crude.
Greetings! From the Island Outlaw:
I just had to get into the fray! I'm new to this cyberworld you see and I was surfing the web this morning in search of ways to drum up some traffic for my website. I came across a site called freeviral.
Wacky Test Marketing: Part 3
Once again I used my wacky test marketing strategy to announce a new project and once again it worked - but on this occasion I had another motive about which I will tell you more in a moment.Downloads and confirmed sales are lower than last time around but this does not dismay me because I am addressing a looser, less well defined niche.
7 Ways to Drive Traffic to your Website
If you sell products or services, chances are you have a website promoting these products and services. All website owners are looking for fresh ideas on how to get qualified visitors to their website and convert these visitors into buyers.
How to Increase Web Site Traffic in Three Steps
To increase web site traffic, you first need determination, a goal, and a plan of action. Perserverance that comes through a grit your teeth kind of determination is an essential first step towards getting a flood of traffic to your website.
|home | site map|