|Network Marketing Information|
Clueless About Network Marketing?
A year ago, I began reading about real estate and
I asked around, but no one had a clue as to what network marketing was. Thus began my quest to discover what I could about MLM, since its proponents boast that anyone could start a business for as little as a few hundred dollars.
Finally, I struck gold. I stared open mouthed at my computer screen. The name of the network marketing company jogged an old memory. In high school, I had known a young man who belonged to this company. A couple of times, he came to pick me up for a date, and before we left, he would clean my mother's stove or refrigerator, showing her the miracles of his product. His goal, I assume, was to make money and dazzle me with his entrepreneur qualities. I was humiliated because my mother was taking advantage of him to get her kitchen cleaned and because this boy was embarrassing me - I wanted to go to a movie or to a party, and he was cleaning my mother's appliances.
I had the holy grail in my hand, but I felt apprehensive. I told my colleague what I'd discovered. He shrugged and said, "It's a pyramid scam."
But I found that the lure of residual income far outweighed my apprehensions. Today, I'm a proud network marketer, ready to give anyone, who is as clueless as I was about network marketing, my fledgling expertise. Here's the scoop. DEFINITION: Network marketing is a business that markets a line of products or several lines of products through independent salespeople. An independent salesperson is recruited; she, in turn, recruits other people; these people recruit others, and so it goes. Each representative builds her own business with her recruits and their recruits under her, and she makes commission on the sales volume of her team. The people under the independent salesperson are called the downline. The potential for increasing the downline and earning money is exponential.
SCAM or LEGIT BUSINESS: When I was in high school and amorous young men were cleaning appliances, many fawned upon these companies. Let's face it. There were lots of jokes. Most people didn't make much money; they pestered their family and friends, and horror of horrors, they had garages filled with unused products that they had to buy to meet their quotas (a certain amount of the products a salesperson or team has to buy). Times have changed. Today, major corporations and Fortune 500 companies, like AT&T, MCI, Citigroup, and IBM, have multilevel sales forces.
The difference between network marketing and a pyramid scam is easy to explain. Network marketers sell products; they run businesses. A pyramid scam is a con. People give someone money in hopes that they can get other people to give them money. The claim is that anyone can get rich just by finding other people to do the same. There is no product, no business. The people at the top make lots of money. The scam falls apart. This is illegal. People get arrested.
THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE UGLY: Not all network marketing companies are created equal. There are some excellent ones, some okay ones, and some down right awful, ugly ones. If you are looking for a network marketing company, you have to do your due diligence and make sure that you find an excellent one. Remember that you are investing in your future.
RESIDUAL INCOME: What network marketing offers is a way to create residual income, while working part-time. Network marketing is not a "get rich quick" scheme. Those who succeed work hard, but they are creating something magical: residual income. You go to work, and you get paid. If you don't go to work, you don't get paid. This is linear income. Residual income doesn't depend on you working. Think of an author, who writes a book and gets a royalty check year after year. Residual income, like royalty checks, keeps coming and allows people to retire, have the freedom to travel, and do other wildly pleasant things.
MY 12 SUGGESTIONS FOR NEOPHYTES FROM ANOTHER NEOPHYTE:
1. Don't rush into network marketing. Look around and find a good company that suits you and your needs. Don't get pressured into anything. Ask lots of questions of the network marketer you are talking to. Avoid high pressure people.
2. As soon as you finish reading this, run out and buy Wave 4: Network Marketing in the 21st Century by Richard Poe. I don't know Richard Poe, but I do know that this book explains everything.
3. Find a company and product that you are EXCITED about. It's hard to sell something you don't believe in. Ideally, you want a product that people buy over and over again, month after month, year after year, and a company with values that are congruent with your values.
4. Look for a company that has been around and proven itself. Someone who has been in network marketing and has experience might take a chance on a new company, but a novice should be more careful.
5. I'd suggested publicly traded companies. Their financial statements are public, and you can request their financial portfolio. Go to www.morningstar.com, or www.nasdaq.com, or www.valueline.com, or your favorite place and do some research. You just need the company's ticket number, and you're off and running. If you don't feel confident doing this yourself, find a friend who knows something about stocks and financial statements, and ask her for help.
6. Check out the compensation plan. Is the commission fair? How often do it pay? Does excess sales money roll over? Does your team have to meet a quota? This could be a big drawback. If there are hefty quotas, you might find yourself buying products you don't want. Poe's book is priceless here; he explains the different commission plans.
7. Do you have to buy, store, deliver products? Most network marketing companies don't do this any more. Most companies provide online or phone ordering, and the company distributes its products. You place an order, and they do the work.
8. Training is very important. What kind of training program do they have? In network marketing, team members help each other build their businesses. In network marketing, if the people on your team are successful, you are successful.
9. How do you work your business? Face to face with people you meet? On the internet? Or a little of both? This is important. Are there hidden costs in marketing? Ask for details.
10. See if you can find any dirt on the company. Check with the Better Business Bureau. Are there complaints against the company? What kind of complaints? You can do this online. Know what you are getting into.
11. IMPORTANT: Make sure that you are willing to commit time and energy to building your business, 10 to 20 hours per week. If you have a family, make sure they are cool with this.
12. Don't quit your day job! At least not until you are making more money in network marketing than you are in your nine to five.
Cora L. Foerstner teaches English and composition at
Unable to open RSS Feed $XMLfilename with error HTTP ERROR: 429, exiting
Network Marketing Success - The Psychology Behind the Objection in MLM
The downline group I was honored to help lead was a great team, and we had a lot of great talent in it.But the one thing we all understood was this:INFERNO Secret:The lack of understanding about Objections in MLM will create more objections.
Network Marketing Training - The FAST Start New Distributor MLM Success Formula
That is how most people want to go in this business, and rightly so.But you have to have a system or process to get there.
Achieving the Financial Freedom You Deserve
To most people, achieving financial freedom means no longer depending on that weekly paycheck for your survival. While financial freedom is a common goal, it is also a poorly understood one.
The 4 Major Enemies to Online Success
For any of you just starting in online marketing you will soonlearn it is not as easy as you probably first thought. If you are like me you signed up to a affiliate program and just expected the money to come flying in.
Starting A MLM Home Business Affiliate Program
A MLM home business affiliate program is how individuals gain commissions by referring customers or other affiliates to a business. They often receive percentages of the sales generated by sending customers to websites that make the final sale.
The Three Primary Powers Of Network Marketing
Network Marketing, 'MLM', and Multi Level Marketing are all terms that refer to the same type of business model. This industry has had more than it's share of scumbag crooks and con artists that have used and abused the concept.
The MLM System
There are many ways to build an MLM business, and for those who WANT to use the internet as a tool to build a network marketing business, there are few distinct features which you should be looking for. We all have different comfort levels of how we do things.
MLM Network Marketing Training - Are You Thinking Yourself Out of MLM Success?
After nearly 20 years in this MLM industry, I have seen a lot of things that for whatever reason, have helped people, and have stopped people. And there are those things that destroy people as well.
MLM Training- The New MLM Distributors Getting Started Checklist
A List for MLM Success.That is what I am talking about here.
The New Internet Home Work: How Much Do You Really Need to Know to Get Started?
You? Start your own Internet business? Give me a break! You just don't speak the language, so why even try?It begins with 'booting up' your computer instead of just turning it on. And you can't simply fill in the necessary information to get something connected: it has to be 'configured.
Contextual Ad Networks - The Baby Boom Is Upon Us
No, this baby boom will certainly not swamp the Social Security system (sort of a bad joke for those that live in the UnitedStates, but many other countries..
MLM Tools To Generate Repeat Business
The MLM tools to grow your MLM home business can be simple and affordable. The best way to generate repeat and follow-up business is to be friendly and offer good customer service the first time.
Internet and Network Marketing Works
Internet and network marketing are inseparably related today. The phenomenal growth of the Internet has been a great boost for those trying to establish a network marketing business of their own.
MLMs: Waste of Time, Or Goldmine?
When most people think about Multi-Level Marketing, they envision slick-talking,insurance salesman-like people pushing their products at everyone in sight. Maybe someof you have even tried MLM's, didn't get insanely rich overnight and gave up thinking, "Imust not be cut out for this business" or "this is the last time I fall for one of theseschemes".
Online MLM Promotion - The 4 Wrong Ways And 4 Right Ways Of Doing It
Contrary to popular belief (or what most MLM people would prefer to believe), online MLM promotion campaign is somehow different from an offline MLM promotion campaign. You can not simply try to apply the same successful offline MLM campaign online and hope that it will be as successful online.
MLM Training Tools:The Top 10 Resource Sites in Network Marketing for MLM Tools
There are many great MLM Tools that are available, and a few, well, that are not so great. You need tools in order to build your business, and you need the proper trainings on how to use them properly.
Internet Marketing Idea: Use Internet Marketing to Sell Network Marketing or MLM
Experienced Internet Marketers and beginners alike have one thing is common. They need products or services to market on the Internet.
How to Build Your MLM Business by Not Talking
In my last article entitled "How to succeed in MLM without really trying" we discussed limiting your recruiting efforts only to those people who have indicated a discontent or an unwanted condition in their life.Once the prospect indicates an unwanted condition, it will be your impulse to pounce all over your prospect and tell them about your great company, your great product and your great compensation plan.
Network Marketing Stories Sell: How to Tell Your Story Everyday to an Endless Number of Prospects
Network Marketing success is easy when we tell our stories. Anybodycan tell a story.
Why You Should Start Your Own Online Business - The Power Of The First Step
10 to 20 years from now, most of us will regret for what we have not done rather than what we have done. Think for a moment, where will you be in 10 or 15 years? Who will you have become? How will you live?Now is the time to design the next 10 years of your life - not once they are over.
|home | site map ||