7 Surefire Ways To Repair Bad Credit
Do you have a poor credit rating? If so, you are one of tens of thousands of Americans with the same problem. In fact, it seems that this has become a national 'disease.' And just what do people need that have a disease? They need a cure.
Here are some sure-fire solutions to ' repair bad credit '. Keep in mind, like most 'diseases,' credit repair can take some time, but complete healing is possible.
The First Step
The first thing you need to do is find out what is being reported about you. This is easy and inexpensive. For under $10, you can get your credit report from one of the three main credit reporting companies: Equifax, Experian, or TransUnion. Keep in mind however, that if you have recently been denied credit, you can get a free report from the same credit bureau the lender used to reject you as long as you do so within 30 days.
What You Don't Need
You don't need a repair clinic. Why? There is no legal way to 'repair' your credit. Those that claim to know loopholes and shortcuts are merely out for your money. They may even get you into legal trouble by having you fudge the facts or creating a whole new file for you. Anything legal that a clinic can do, you can do just as easily and without the cost of 'professional' help.
Further Steps to Take
1. Stop using your credit cards immediately. Put them somewhere where they will not tempt you. You may consider keeping at least one card for emergency purposes. Additionally, with poor credit, you may find it more difficult to get a credit card in the future. If you keep at least one account open, then you won't have to worry about applying.
2. Be Honest With Yourself. Taking a good hard look at your financial situation, particularly if it isn't good, can be very difficult. Yet, to get out debt you have to fully understand what the situation is.
3. Find the Errors. Believe it or not, up to 40% of all credit reports have errors in them. If you find that your credit report shows something that is not true, you need to write to them with all the details. Be sure to use certified mail so that you can keep track of who you wrote to, when you wrote, and who received the mail on the credit bureau's end. Then ask the credit bureau to send a corrected report to anyone who has requested a report on you in the last 6 months.
4. Find the Omissions. By law, you are allowed to add information to your report that you believe will help your rating. This might be additional information about a repayment of a loan, good credit you have with companies that do not report to the credit bureau, or salary increases.
5. You Must Have a Plan. Whether you determine to pay your bills down little at a time, take a second job, go to credit counseling, or file bankruptcy, you need to make a plan and stick to it. In order for your credit to be improved, you have to have a plan and then take action!
6. Talk to those that you owe. Creditors want their money. They do not want you to default (quit paying). In fact, most creditors will work with you to get a reduced payment schedule. If you can keep them from reporting you to the credit bureau, then it won't hurt your credit. The catch here is this: be sure to stick to the new negotiated plan - they won't renegotiate if you fail to comply.
7. The Best Cure is Time. Have you ever heard the saying 'time heals all wounds'? It also heals your credit. After 7 years, most items will be dropped. This is good news if you are working to correct your credit. As each year passes, more and more bad items will drop off and more and more good items will be included. Eventually, the disease will be cured.
Follow these steps and you will find that your credit looks healthier and healthier each day. Eventually this path will lead you to full recovery. Good Luck!
Wesley Atkins is the owner of http://www.credit-cards-advisor.com- which aims to get you fitted with the best credit cards to suit your situation. With numerous credit card articles and easy online credit card applications you will never choose the wrong credit card again.
Unable to open RSS Feed $XMLfilename with error HTTP ERROR: 429, exiting
Building Good Business Credit After Bad Credit
Can you establish good business credit if you have bad personal credit? The answer is yes..
Get Your Credit Score To Soar In The Twinkling of An Eye
Ever wonder how a creditor decides whether to grant you credit? For years, creditors have been using credit scoring systems to determine if you'd be a good risk for credit cards and auto loans. More recently, credit scoring has been used to help creditors evaluate your ability to repay home mortgage loans.
How Do I Establish A Good Line of Credit?
A line of credit, roughly defined, is the amount of credit that can be given to a borrower from a lender. Usually a contract or note of promissory is exchanged between the two parties, in which both parties agree to the line of credit amount, as well as the annual interest due to the lender at the end of the term.
Credit Repair Companies and Credit Counseling
Let's be crystal clear, right up front. Paying someone to "fix" your credit is a waste of your time and money, since the negative issues that are temporarily removed from your file will only reappear again in a couple of months.
Finance - Money, Money
Finance is a big word for some of us. It's a little scary.
Credit Scoring: What You Dont Know Can Hurt You
You've probably heard the term credit scoring. You may have some idea that your credit score can have an effect on your life.
Credit Card Security Advice
Which of the following is the biggest threat to your credit card security?a) Shopping online with a credit cardb) Shopping in a real store with your credit cardc) Ordering something over the phone with your credit cardThe answer may surprise you. It's b - shopping in a real store with a credit card.
Why Consumers Need a Nationwide Credit Freeze NOW
What do a shoe retailer, an online discount broker, and a popular clothing retailer all have in common? All three - DSW Shoe Warehouse, Ameritrade, and Polo Ralph Lauren - sustained breaches to their customers' accounts. Unfortunately, these three are not alone when it comes to security breaches.
Credit Card Benefits and Drawbacks
Credit cards have both benefits and drawbacks. It is wise to consider both before applying for a credit card.
Five Reasons to Repair Your Credit Score - You Can Do It Yourself
There are multiple reasons that tell us why we should have a 700+ Credit Score, but these five facts will definitely give you the big picture and hopefully will drive you to want to fix your credit score starting today.Fact #1: Did you know that consumers with Credit Scores of 700+ are likely to get interest rates up to four points lower than those with scores under 640.
Free Credit Reports Now Available From the FTC
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has set up a new website (www.AnnualCreditReport.
Credit Repair, How To
Credit repair, is in a word, vital to reestablishing your credit. Unless you plan to never use your credit again, then you have to find a way to fix it.
Minimum Credit Card Payments to Rise
For years, major credit card companies have allowed cardholders to make minimum payments of 2% of the outstanding balances on their credit cards. Having customers pay the minimum doesn't reduce the balance by very much, but when the 18-30% interest rates that many credit cards charge is applied, the result is a profitable ones for the banks that issue credit cards.
0% Credit Cards
These days, credit cards in the UK are competing with each other on two very attractive offers with a headline rate of 0%. These 0% credit cards will be either balance transfers; introductory purchases offers or a combination of the two.
Learning the Disturbing Facts about Credit Card Debt
When I received my first credit card in the mail at age 18 I was ecstatic, I said to myself, wow now I'm getting somewhere in life. This credit card company thinks I'm worthy of 500 dollars in credit.
ChexSystems: Alternative Options for People Whove Been Checking Accounts
Individual banks elect to become members of ChexSystems, and to use their services.Those individual banks are the ones who decides what is sufficient cause to close your account and report you to ChexSystems.
Credit Report And Correction Techniques
The three major credit bureaus, Experian, Equifax and Trans Union are similar and feature a "Credit Score", which is created from credit report data submitted to them about you. Their report includes where you live, your bill-paying habits, and bankruptcy and arrest information.
Free Credit Reports - How to Maintain Your Credit Profile
Maintaining your Credit ProfileEvery consumer should be maintaining their credit profiles to ensure the highest scores possible. To do so, you must first order your credit reports from the three major credit bureaus: Equifax, Trans Union, and Experian.
Credit Score - for Scoring the Right Loan
Somebody once said, "There is always a way of knowing your limitations and going beyond it." It is fundamentally true with respect of credit score.
What is a Credit Report?
Ever wondered what is a credit report? If you've ever applied for a credit card, a personal loan, or insurance, there's a file about you. This file is known as your credit report.
|home | site map ||